This week we talk about swiping, otaku, and the gamification of intimacy.
We also discuss dating sims, population stats, and Match Group.
- Facebook Connect
- How a Tinder Founder Came Up With Swiping and Changed Dating Forever
- IAC Match Group
- Match Group Acquires Hinge
- I’m going on tour
- The Gamification of Intimacy Through Dating Sims
- In Japan, Virtual Partners Fill Romantic Void
- The Mystery of Why Japanese People are Having So Few Babies
- 23 Tweets That Accurately Capture the Hell that is Modern Dating
- Dating sim
- Summer Sessions (game)
- Simulation video game
- Who Actually Plays Games Like ‘Shall We Date?’ and ‘Hatoful Boyfriend’?
- The Rise of Dating Sims for Women
- Can Japanese dating simulators tap into the Western market?
- Dating sim tropes
- The Childless, Aging Future
- Population growth, 2050
- 5 Facts About Online Dating
- The Let’s Know Things Patreon page
- Recommended book: The Order of Time by Carlo Rovelli
- Some books of mine, also available on Audible: Becoming Who We Need To Be, Come Back Frayed, Some Thoughts About Relationships, and Considerations
- LKT on iTunes (consider leaving a review if you’re enjoying the show & have a spare second)
- My blog: Exile Lifestyle
- The Let’s Know Things Facebook page, Instagram profile, and newsletter