This week we talk about Napoleon, Jacob Zuma, and what it takes to become legally untouchable.
We also discuss financial crises, too big to fail, and political deposition.
- Napoleonic Code
- French Revolution
- Causes of the French Revolution
- French Revolutionary Wars
- First French Empire
- French Directory
- Mediterranean Campaign of 1798
- French campaign in Egypt and Syria
- Coup of 18 Brumaire
- Battle of Waterloo
- Exile to Elba
- South African President Jacob Zuma resigns under pressure from ANC
- A defiant Jacob Zuma has until the end of the day to resign—or his own party will kick him out
- The Guptas: How one family’s name became shorthand for corruption in South Africa
- Why don’t bankers go to jail? You asked Google – here’s the answer
- How Wall Street’s Bankers Stayed Out of Jail
- If It’s Too Big to Fail, Is It Too Big to Exist?
- Too Big To Fail
- Moody’s $864m penalty for ratings in run-up to 2008 financial crisis
- Impeachment process against Richard Nixon
- Why state capture is a regressive step for any society
- Why Aren’t Any Bankers in Prison for Causing the Financial Crisis?
- Political Deposition
- Coup d’état
- List of heads of state or government who have been in exile
- What happens to deposed leaders?
- Projectiles, Kinetic/Muzzle Energy and Stopping Power
- The true force of a boxer’s punch
- Goldman Sachs’s Profitable Punishment for the 2008 Crisis
- Financial Crisis of 2007-2008
- The Let’s Know Things Patreon page
- Recommended book: Enlightenment Now by Steven Pinker
- Some books of mine, also available on Audible: Becoming Who We Need To Be, Come Back Frayed, Some Thoughts About Relationships, and Considerations
- LKT on iTunes (consider leaving a review if you’re enjoying the show & have a spare second)
- My blog: Exile Lifestyle
- The Let’s Know Things Facebook page, Instagram profile, and newsletter